Monday, July 13, 2009

Baseball Cake Pops!

Hunter's actual birthday landed on a Tee Ball night, so I made sure to sign up for snacks for the boys that day. Having recently discovered (and fallen in love with...) cake pops, I knew exactly what I was going to do - baseball cake pops!
I used Red Velvet cake this time, and they were DELICIOUS! My original plan was to make them all look like little baseballs, but the edible markers that I purchased didn't work too well on the cold chocolate, so we only did a few like that, and sprinkled the rest. Then we put them into little lollipop bags for the boys, and handed them out after the game. They were a big hit! The team even sang "Happy Birthday" to Hunter during their post-game huddle - so sweet.








2 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah - those look great! I've wondered how the edible markers work. What a fun treat for a baseball boy and his team!!!!

tvmom said...

really like the baseball cake pop idea!