Sunday, June 14, 2009

My first try at Cake Pops....

So I've been seeing these "cake pops" everywhere on the internet, and thought they were SOOOO CUTE!! With Hunter's birthday coming up I decided to give them a try. His class is having a Summer Birthday party at school on monday, and my plan was to make cake pops to take for his class.

The first step was to bake a cake. Hunter picked out chocolate.



After the cake had cooled, we crumbled it, mixed it with cream cheese frosting, and rolled it into balls and stuck lollipop sticks in them.




After they set up for a bit, it was time to start dunking and decorating....





It took a while to get the hang of it, and they can be a little time consuming, but in the end they were cute.....




...and tasted GREAT!!!




Check out Bakerella - she is the originater and master creater!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Your cake pops turned out great!

~Shawna~ said...

Thanks! I wasn't too sure at first, but once I got the hang of it, they did pretty good. Looking forward to making different ones in the future (like little baseballs for Hunter's tee ball team!).