Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Baby Shower Cake

I have been in awe over the new fondant cakes, and decided that I wanted to try one of my own. I found some books at our local library that have awesome cookies, cupcakes and cake designs in them, along with recipes, instructions and techniques - everything you need to know to make them.

With a dear friend's baby shower coming up I thought I would volunteer to make the cake - easy enough, right? Wrong! lol... I picked out something that was probably fairly advanced for cake-making. I'm not typically a "cake" girl, and after this I am more certain than ever that I am a "cookie & cupcake" girl.












I also made some cookies for the shower, because I wasn't sure how the cake was going to turn out. These were lots of fun to make, and actually turned out really yummy! Like I said, I'm more of a cupcake and cookie girl!





No comments: