Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Birthday


I have to say that my birthday came and passed fairly uneventful this year. The boys were on a camping trip all weekend, so Shianne and I got to do some shopping and have some girl time. Sunday when the boys returned home it turned out that we all had head colds - except Shianne. My actual birthday was spent in bed all day with Hunter, as we both were home from work/school.
I'm not big on birthdays anymore - I can do without the parties with everyone drinking and hanging out in little cliches. I'm not 21 anymore. I'm good with just dinner with my family and us going to do something fun. I'm hoping that this next weekend we can go to the fair. That's what I love about my birthday - it's always during the fair. I've loved the fair since I was kid, so taking my own kids even better!
My only disappointment was that I got no gifts on my birthday, other than a fresh box of Kleenex and some cold medicine! I may be old, but not too old for presents! I did, however, get a bowl of chocolate chip cookies from the girls at work. VERY yummy, but I ate too many. It'll be extra time on the treadmill for me next week. That's fine.... I'll buy myself an extra elephant ear at the fair this weekend too....

No comments: