Thursday, September 23, 2010

Turning 33...

I really don't like getting older, although the saying is that you get sweeter with age. Or maybe they were just talking about wine? I just don't want to be like the leftover block of cheese I found in my fridge the other day - discolored, molding, and just plain nasty. Look at what age did to it!
Really can't complain too much, because for 33 I'm still doing good. I'm finally learning how to eat healthier - and like it. That's the key for me. I've been exercising more, which helps me to feel better about myself. Overall I'm doing pretty good.
My husband, however, is in denial about my age. I think that he believes that I was turning 30, because he was trying to plan a surprise party for me, as he has done for the past 3 years (it only worked the FIRST time).
I caught on to his little scheme the week before, through little things that he said, or someone else said, etc. Needless to say, he's not very good at planning surprises! By Friday I knew without a doubt that we were having a BBQ at my house. So I confronted him about it and A-HA! So I spent much of Saturday morning cleaning my house.
Don't get me wrong -- I love having people over, especially since I haven't see some of my friends all summer! I just like to know about it, so I can have my house clean beforehand. Because quite honestly, thats about the only time that some of it gets deep-cleaned. i'm just too busy normally.

So we ended up having some family and friends over, and it was great to see them. =)



The kids all learned the birthday song and sang it for me. Brian did manage to pull out surprise -- a birthday cake from Cold Stone Creamery! My favorite!!






I love my sweet family and friends. I am truely blessed.

No comments: