Monday, April 27, 2009

Moose on the loose!!

I got woken up rather abruptly this morning, and normally this would be a big NO-NO because I am not a morning person, at all.... But then I hear...."get up, there's moose outside in our yard"..... At first I thought I was just dreaming, but the realization that this was something I NEVER would dream about dawned suddenly and I leaped out of bed, threw on a sweatshirt, grabbed my camera bag and was upstairs before I had barely opened my eyes. And low and behold.... the were TWO moose outside. By the time I got the lens on my camera, etc. they were down the street, but got some pictures of them just the same.
"Mama" and "Baby" (as I have named them) endulged on a neighbor's tree for breakfast.

They soon got spooked by the garbage man as he made his way down the road, and took off back up our street.

They decided to run for cover.....

Mama ended up going around the block and in the yards BEHIND our house....

...and Baby ended up going into our neighbors backyard...

...but took a while to figure out how to get back out!!
Poor Baby!! "Mama, help me!" If you look closely in the picture below, you can see her head on the other side of the fence.
In the end, I think they found their way back together. And they lived happily ever after...... I hope.....

No comments: