Friday, October 30, 2009

Bittersweet

Today is a bittersweet day.

Exactly 6 years, 2 weeks ago today I began working fulltime from home. It was a blessing to be able to do things with my children throughout the years that many working moms are unable to do, and not have to put them into daycare. The making of breakfast, the afterschools snacks. The trips to the park on a spring afternoon. The doctors and dentist appointment in the not-so-busy morning hours. The summers at the lake. The drive to and from camp. Attending every single soccer practice and game, baseball practice and game, dance class, dance camps, shows, and school parties. The days snuggled up on the couch when they don't feel good. I have been blessed to do all this, and still work fulltime in the process.

Today is my LAST day of working from home. My children have grown, and we're all moving on to a new place in our lives. They are very independent and responsible children, and I am proud to say they are that way because of the last 6 years. They have learned that happiness comes not from going to work every day, but from spending time with those that we love, and they are old enough to understand that work is just an integral part of our lives, neccessary for us to enjoy all the fun things we love to do together - camping, boating, vacations, and movies.

And mom gets to go back to the workforce. While I'm excited about this new adventure, I will truly miss my friends/coworkers at KMC, and the flexibility I've had over the years. Now is time for me to become a full time working mom again - to be a part of the workforce that I haven't felt I've been a part of for quite some time.

Next week is vacation for me, followed by the start of a new job. It'll be an adjusting period for the first month or two, but we will all benefit in the long run.

Thanks to all my friends, family, and coworkers for your support!!
♥ you all....