Sunday, October 25, 2009

Per Brian's request!

Ever since Brian has realized how much I enjoy baking, his sweet tooth as grown considerably. Last week I heard him say, "I sure am craving some sugar cookies". Probably not a good thing to say in our house, when my craze lately has been sugar cookies and figuring out the best frosting techniques, etc.

I had just picked up a pumpkin cookie cutter, so I went to town - whipping up the dough, cooling, rolling, cooling, cutting, cooling, and baking. That's the hard part for me - it's like doing laundry. You have to wait then work, wait then work, etc. It's a long drawn out process. It's the frosting that I enjoy the most, as it lets me be creative. This has been my only creative outlet lately.





Now, many may ask: "What do you do with all those cookies?" Well, what do you think we do with them? Eat them!! Ha ha..... No, we don't really eat all of them. I save a few for the kids to put in their lunches, or for an afterschool snack. I send some to work with Brian for the guys. I give them to our neighbors (especially the onces I borrow sugar and flour from!!). Although I try to stick to only eating 2 of them, there are times I find myself just eating the dough scraps as I'm cutting them out. oops!



If you haven't had a chance to try my sugar cookies yet, don't fret. There seems to be no end in sight of cookies coming from this kitchen!!

No comments: