Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gift from my honey...

My husband, bless his heart, has a hard time with gifts. He either: 1) doesn't know what to buy, 2) knows what he wants to buy, but waits until the last minute, or 3) knows what he THINKS he wants to buy, but gets the wrong thing. lol...
Over the years, he has learned that when it comes to getting me a gift, he's better off to let me pick it out myself. So this year he told me what he PLANNED on as my gift, and that we would all go to get it. Of course, this involved a lot of research on my part. I wanted to make sure I got what I really needed for a good price!

A week after my birthday we finally made the trek down to Best Buy and I got a new lens for my camera. A Canon EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS! It was EXACTLY what I've been wanting, and for a great price!


As soon as we got home I HAD to try it out. Like when a little kid gets a new toy - that's all they want to do! So here are a few shots I took of Shianne just before dusk on our back deck. Our deck is 20 feet long, and since this is a zoom lens I had to stand on the opposite of the deck to get these - and I didn't use zoom!



No comments: